Thinking of visiting Lambertville for one of my shows? Artists’ Gallery is located at 18 Bridge Street in Lambertville, NJ.
Lambertville is a small town full of art galleries, antique stores, and restaurants. Alongside the Delaware River, it offers picturesque views of the river and is right across the bridge from New Hope, Pennsylvania (about a 3 minute walk). In August 2013, it was named by Forbes as one of America’s 15 prettiest towns and in April 2015 it was listed on NJ.com as New Jersey’s top small town.
Artists’ Gallery is directly in the heart of Lambertville. If you’re driving, your best bet is to use Google Maps for directions to 18 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ. There is plentiful metered parking throughout town, or if you’re willing to walk six or seven blocks the street parking is free.
From New York City, you can take a bus to Lambertville in as little as an hour and forty minutes, depending upon the time of day. (The Saturday 9:15am departure from Port Authority arrives in Lambertville at 10:55am.) Other times have additional stops and can take up to 2hrs:10mins. For more information, visit: Trans-Bridge Lines (the Doylestown route is the one that gets you to Lambertville).
If you’d like to stay over for a night or two, Lambertville has many Inns or Bed & Breakfasts. Here are just a few (I haven’t stayed at these):
- The Inn at Lambertville Station – right across the street from the gallery
- Lambertville House – just up the block
- Chimney Hill Estate – has its own Alpaca and Llama farm (!), requires 2 night stay for Saturday visits (approx. 1 mile from gallery)
- The Inn at Bowman’s Hill – fancy, AAA 4-diamond vacation spot (about 3.5 miles away from the gallery in New Hope, PA)
- For others, try TripAdvisor
There are many places to eat in Lambertville. Here are a few I’ve enjoyed:
- Left Bank Libations – Just what you’d like a small town bar to be: good food, good cocktails, friendly service, cozy atmosphere.
- Lambertville Station – Excellent, reliable dining. When the weather is nice, sit out on the patio and enjoy a beer or a flight of scotch or bourbon. They also have a wine cellar where they serve a small selection of tapas. Across the street from Artists’ Gallery.
- Lilly’s On The Canal – Right behind Artists’ Gallery
- Tomasello Winery (not a restaurant) has a Tasting Room in Lambertville at 1 North Union Street where you can try and buy bottles from this excellent NJ vineyard
- Shopping in Lambertville or New Hope. There are many home decor and antique stores throughout town, as well as several clothing boutiques.
- Lambertville features nearly twenty other art galleries, mostly on Bridge, Union, and Coryell Sreets.
- Hike or bike along the Delaware & Raritan (D&R) State Canal Park.